- By Annette Kilzer
Matchmaking365, the New Trade Fair Community
For our client Koelnmesse, we’ve consistently expanded the tried and tested Matchmaking365 Service into an active Online Business Community which extends the reliable matching of companies, people, and products.
Whether “content marketing”, “brand storytelling”, “native advertising”, “big data”, or “inbound marketing”, hardly a season goes by in which the marketing branch doesn’t brandish new buzzwords. But the most important question always remains the same: which measures are appropriate for which customers?
“The online community is the next logical step for trade fairs in the digital transformation”, explains company director Jens Wohlgemuth, who has painstakingly guided the Matchmaking365 project for Koelnmesse. “The success of this new digital business model depends critically upon exactly analyzing the needs of customers and each respective branch, and providing them with corresponding services. As a highly capable and established trade fair media agency, we know how digital offerings need to be conceived and designed in order to be accepted by trade fair participants.”
Sebastian Nitsch, Director of Marketing Services at Koelnmesse GmbH notes: “Even already existing media platforms such as Matchmaking335 need to be consistently further developed digitally. Due to their high level of professional competence as a digital agency, w+t are a very good partner for us.”
Along with the technical implementation, our agency has also taken on the continuous editorial and content support for the platform.
With the promising combination of information, presentation, and communication, new paths are being opened for the interaction between exhibitors, visitors, and trade fair organizers.
Among these are:
- Searching and finding providers and customers to generate leads
- Profiles of exhibitors, professional visitors, and decision-makers
- Secure communication within a closed platform
- Product and topic presentation
- Interesting sparks for discussion, for example through the use of White Papers
- Downloading interesting content
- Branch news
- A comment function and like-button
- A backend implementation oriented toward the individual demands of providers – Keyword: “Big Data”
- Uncomplicated access to statistics in order to create a picture of the traffic in the community, and the ability to evaluate the data according to the most varying criteria, including individual analysis down to the last second (“Segment of One”)
You can find the most recent Matchmaking365 pilot project for the imm cologne 2016 here: matchmaking365.com/imm/